Family Councils Ontario works with long-term care residents' families, Family Councils, and home staff in Long-Term Care Homes across Ontario. Our mission is to lead and support families in improving quality of life in long-term care.
Family Councils Ontario supports Family Councils across the province by:
- Consulting with families, Family Council members, and staff of Long-Term Care Homes via phone and email;
- Educating prospective and current Council members on issues related to Family Councils and Long-Term Care via presentations and workshops;
- Hosting education sessions throughout the year on topics of interest to Family Councils such as Licensee reporting of abuse and neglect, capacity and consent, and the policing response to abuse and neglect in Long-Term Care;
- Supporting and promoting networking between Councils from different Homes;
- Producing and disseminating resources including our Family Council Dispatch newsletter and our Family Council Handbook Your Guide to Starting and Maintaining a Family Council;
- Connecting and keeping Family Councils informed via our website, Facebook page, our YouTube Channel, and Twitter feed.
Family Councils of Ontario is a registered non-profit corporation, funded by the Ontario Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care.