FCO, in collaboration with GERAS and Osteoporosis Canada, is developing materials on osteoporosis and fracture prevention for Family Councils to help increase awareness of and knowledge about osteoporosis and fracture prevention within their Long-Term Care Homes, thereby helping to promote good bone health among LTC residents.
To help FCO develop these materials and make them useful for Family Councils, we’re recruiting Family Council members to participate in a review committee to provide feedback on the materials as they are developed.
Review Committee participation requirements
- Be a current Family Council member
- Have experience in facilitating, supporting, or engaging in health issue related knowledge exchange at FC meetings e.g. Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s, osteoporosis
- Be willing to consult with your Family Council to gather feedback on knowledge exchange materials developed, if requested
- Be comfortable agreeing to non-disclosure of materials until publication
- Be willing to commit to the review committee until March 31st 2018
- Have regular access to email
- Can respond to emails with 2 business days
- Can participate in teleconferences (maximum 1-2 per month)
If you’re interested in being part of the Review Committee, email Samantha Peck, FCO Director of Communications & Education, at email@example.com by October 10th. In your email, provide your name, email address, phone number, the name of the Home you’re associated with, and describe how you meet the above requirements.
The Review Committee will launch mid-fall.