Following consultation with the Office of the Chief Medical Officer of Health, the Ministry of Long-Term Care is taking the next step in the phased approach to embedding COVID-19 response measures for long-term care homes into routine operations, including changes to masking requirements and IPAC audits. The changes are expected to be implemented by June 30, 2023. However, homes that are prepared to make these changes in advance of this date are welcome to implement changes as early as June 26, 2023.
The Ministry of Health has also made updates to their case management guidance for staff, residents and visitors who have COVID-19.
Please find the attached ADM memo, updated Guidance Document and other supporting materials.
- ADM Memo
- COVID-19 Guidance Document for long-term care homes
- COVID-19 Response Measures FAQs
- What Residents Can Expect
- COVID-19 Guidance: Long-Term Care Homes, Retirement Homes, and Other Congregate Living Settings for Public Health Units
- Infectious Disease Protocol Appendix 1: Case Definitions and Disease Specific Information Disease: Diseases caused by a novel coronavirus
The ministry will deliver webinars over the next two weeks for long-term care home operators, residents, families and caregivers.
Webinars for residents, families and caregivers will be provided in collaboration with the Ontario Association of Residents’ Councils (OARC) and Family Councils Ontario (FCO) at the times listed below. Please share this information with your home community.